This project is addressed to everyone how wants to build and develop by himselves a cheap and scalable home automation system.
The main goal of the project is to develop a simple board for every sensor you can place in a house (temperature, humidity, pressure, dust, motion, LCD, relays).
It is designed to be AC mains powered through a cheap AC->DC converter and also it has a battery manager to use it as battery powered with UPS capability. So when the main AC gone it starts automatically to use the battery power.
The comunication with a gateway is made of course by RF and you can choose between the RFM69 and allso the NRF24, first is low frequency and usable in long range application the other goes on 2,4GHz frequency.
I’ve thinked all the project keeping in mind perfect compatibility with mysensors.org protocol.
Main features of the board:
- AC powered
- Single cell li-po/li-ion battery powered with automatic switch from AC to battery power (UPS capability).
- Compatible with Arduino Pro Mini and equivalent clones
- Wi-Fi capability based on RFM69 or NRF24
- Combined RF antenna connector: direct cable soldering, SMA or u.FL
- Wide variety of sensors/actuators can be connected